Monday, October 14, 2024

Nick and Bolones

I might just post a pretty fall pic every day.


I wish I had a pic of me, Nick and Dan's facetime today
because Nick was at the church eating bolones--his new favorite Ecuadorian food.
I was at home eating my salad.
And Dan was at the Dodgers game. 
Isn't technology amazing?

I was too afraid that if I tried to capture a screenshot, I'd lose the call.
So I'll just remember it in my head.

Bolones is a fist sized meatball made of pork, green bananas and cheese.
(I think they're probably plantains, but Nick said, no, they're green bananas.)

We're praying that two of his friends Yeremy and Renon will be able to go to church with him.
He loves all the children around town. They love trying to speak to the gringos.
Nick and his companion got swindled by a biker who was in his kit and seemed legit 
trying to ask them for help to hold his phone while he did a trick.
Then offered to teach his companion the trick. And hold his phone.
And Nick, try putting your phone on the stack too.
Seconds later the biker was cruising down the hill with both of their phones.

It was a pretty safe lesson for these missionaries to learn to be a bit more wary.

Nick is happy and settling into his new life in Ecuador.
I told him I pray every day that he'll find joy in serving.
Now I'll also pray for his new friends AND his safety.

No comments: