Sunday, October 13, 2024

He Will Be On Our Right Hand and On Our Left

On this very ordinary Sunday,
I felt full full full of the spirit and so much love for 
the gospel, my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the gift of this life.

It's been such a good week. I've felt so productive in organizing my home life
and also making progress on my book -- which I know Heavenly Father cares about because he cares about the things we care about.

I also am so grateful for the two weeks I've had at home and many more in front of me.

After church between the Cowboys game 
(well, when we turned off the game because they got a whoopin') 
and the Dodgers game,
we walked through the neighborhood then down the street behind us
and shortcutted home by crossing the river.


Fall is magical and shortcuts across the river make it even more so.


Our Relief Society lesson focused on President Nelson's conference talk and the temple.
He quoted the Bible saying, "Please listen to this promise of Jesus Christ to you: 
'I will be on your right hand and on your left, 
and my Spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.'
There is no limit to the Savior's capacity to help you...
His infinite Atonement is for you!"

What struck me in this promise is that in heavenly/Godlike culture,
Christ sits on the right hand of God and no one on sits on the left. 
The left can sometimes have a negative connotation.

But sometimes we look away from God. We look left, so to speak.
And even then, Christ is there, on our left, keeping in our line of sight until
our eyes are opened and we see him guiding, comforting and loving us however we need.
 

 

No comments: