Saturday, September 28, 2024

Shopping in SoHo

 We had time to go shopping in SoHo before heading home.

To be honest, I get a little confused and overwhelmed in SoHo because
1) I don't recognize most of the names of the stores.

2) I'm a methodical shopper -- I like to walk down a mall and just look in every store.
So, with a million streets South of Houston, its pretty impossible to go up and down every one of them.
Although, I really wouldn't mind trying some day.

3) Clothes have never been an area where I'm comfortable spending a ton of money.
I remember taking Courtney shopping in New York years ago, all geared up to just buy whatever we wanted. Just gonna go crazy. We went into Sak's and had so much sticker shock, 
we ended up at Old Navy. Maybe splurged at J. Crew. We stuck with what we knew.

But I do think shopping is fun and I do like branching out,
so I'm trying to get to know more stores (in a price range I'm comfortable with).
Chris' friend is a shopper and gave us a few stores he likes.
We went into one and the prices were waaaaay out of our comfort range. 

But we did find a cool jacket at Carhartt that Chris was excited about.
And I found some tops and went into several new-to-me stores that I liked:
Clare V., Nati Boutique, Outerknown. 
And a few stores I've only seen through catalogs: 
Poetry, Gorjana, Oliver Cabell
And bought the Fairmont Wailea's signature scent at Le Labo.

(We're so not cool that we didn't even realize the soaps at our hotel were super cool.)

No comments: