Thursday, September 26, 2024

Go Cowboys!

Oh. My. Word... *wipes brow*
I can't believe I'm caught up from trip blog journaling! 
I took my ipad on the trip imagining I'd post daily and stay on top of it,
but our wifi wasn't too slow for uploading so many pictures,
and I also wanted the joint albums to add more photos.
And the cloud wasn't transferring pics from my phone to my ipad which required...
well, let's just say it wasn't a cinch and I just simply couldn't make it happen.

We arrived home yesterday late afternoon -- 3:00 NYC time, 9:00 Croatia time --
 then sat on the couch for the next five hours binging TV and trying to stay awake until 8:00 p.m.

Emily in Paris; The Bear; Abbott Elementary; Only Murders in the Building,
if you need suggestions.

We're stopped in New York on our way home, because The Cowboys are playing The Giants
and the timing was perfect! My first NFL game ever.

I should clarify that the calendar timing was perfect; 
however, the time of day timing, (8:15 p.m.), was exhausting!
 But with all the bustle of public transportation and the crowd energy,
we powered through and had a great time!

Although Angela looks a little tired in this pic.


We were right behind the Cowboys bench and in good company, 
surrounded by fellow Cowboys fans.



We talked about staying for as long as we had energy,
but it was a great game and stayed close and we stayed until the finish 
when the Cowboys took home the win.


Then had a very long journey wading through crowds to get out of the stadium,
crowd control to get on the train from the stadium to Seacaucus.
A crowded walk up and down escalators to get to the trains from NJ to NY,
and finally the subway home. Whew. About an hour and a half.

And while we had to be patient with the crowds, the journey by train was easy and so nice not 
to have to drive ourselves and wait in a crowded parking lot to drive home.
Especially so late at night. 

We arrived home just after 1:00 and right before Chris,
who came to the city for a career meeting.

Can you believe that we stayed up until 2:00 a.m. talking?
I've been awake for 22 hours. 

Earlier today we went to the Affordable Art Fair in Chelsea.
I'd missed it last year and was thrilled we were in town for it today.
Most of the art was much more Contemporary than my tastes,
but here are some I loved.





When I woke up this morning, there was a lone light in the building across the street at 4:30 a.m.
I was up for the day, and so were they. Hi neighbor.

No comments: