Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Temple Together

 Dan and I had a wide open Saturday at home together, 
something that's been pretty uncommon for the last year.

As I made plans for the day, I felt a quiet prompting to consider going to the temple.
I only had to think about it for a minute before I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do today.

I asked if Dan wanted to go with me. 
(Is it ever fun after you've imagined a whole day with oodles of time to do whatever you want,
to have your spouse suggest, out of the blue, if you'd like to get dressed up and spend a few hours at the temple? Rarely.)

But Dan agreed. Especially with Nick's Patriarchal blessing tomorrow
and his mission call coming Tuesday (!), we wanted to be in a place where we would 
feel an abundance of God's peace and love.

In a prayer when missionaries were mentioned, I wept.
In the Celestial Room, Dan and I talked about Nick's mission again
 which made me start crying again and Dan said, "Don't look at me or I'll start to cry."
So I looked away and we both laughed at ourselves,
so happy our son is planning to serve a mission,
and so sad we have to say goodbye to him for two years.

No comments: