Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Natural History Museum

Morning walk through Central Park.


Rainy afternoon at The American Museum of Natural History


The Mike Adair Scarab 


Hide and Seek
Can you find the insects in the next two pictures?



I will never get tired of looking at rocks.
The colors, shine and geometry (cubes, flowers, lumpy, flakes, needles, crystals) 
sing to my soul. Should I start a display on the wall of the charging station?


Amethyst has always been a favorite (and Pyrite and Tiger's Eye).



I mean... it's amazing!
The inside of the earth is as colorful and visually stimulating as 
under the ocean. The first time I went diving I was stunned
at seeing what was essentially an entire universe that I'd never experienced before.



And of course, dinosaurs.


It was still pouring when we left. 
We stopped for a drenched early dinner of burgers and tater tots.

Then home to change into dry clothes--sweats and t-shirts--
and read and relax for the rest of the evening.
Courtney came by after getting home from Philadelphia
so we got time with our daughter which was the perfect end to a great day.

No comments: