Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Family Night at The Christmas Carol and Hosting RS Christmas

I got Marty's Christmas box shipped off to Japan as well as Erin's and small gifts for Phyllis and Tiffany. There's something exciting about going to the post office at Christmas time. Especially if you're there early in the season and don't have to wait in a long line! The man helping me was super jovial and helpful. Advised me on a cheaper way to send Marty's box and very thorough and patient when deciphering the Japanese address.  (In English, but their format is different from ours so a little tricky.) Then when I asked for 300 Christmas stamps, the lady behind me was like, "What?! You have to send that many Christmas cards?!" But I love it! I love receiving all the cards in return!

Monday night we went to Hale Theater to see The Christmas Carol with our family and Diane, Luke, Max and Marge. Sam had a basketball game so Chris and Luke's friend, McKay, came instead. I love this tradition and it was fun to be in their new beautiful venue. That being said, I prefer their shows in the round, and they have two theaters now, one round and one regular. Christmas Carol is on the regular stage so a little different than before.

After, we ate Mexican food. It was fun sitting around the table and laughing. I think we need to make Mexican after a tradition. Especially if we go on a Monday night. It wasn't crowded at all.

Tuesday I hosted the Relief Society Christmas Party. It was so fun!!

People kept asking me what they could do to help which was the only thing that made me nervous. Was I supposed to be doing anything else except clean my house and set up tables and chairs? I didn't want to forget anything!

The house looked beautiful and festive. I could fit 2 extra round tables in the dining room, 1 rectangle and a round in the living room and a card table in the corner of the family room. Against the french doors in the family room we put a rectangle with the dessert buffet and had all the food on the bar in the kitchen.

The RS Presidency brought all the food and organized the desserts so I got to just enjoy having everyone over! It was wonderful!!

I'm getting a little tired of taking people on tours of the house; but, as it turned out, everyone felt comfortable walking around in groups without me. I was very happy about that so I could enjoy talking to everyone and meeting new friends without having to tour people about.

While we were partying, the boys and Dan went to dinner and finished Christmas shopping for sub-for-santa. And Kershaw went to Mike and Katie's for the evening. So grateful they're willing to take him when we're in a pinch! And look what I get in trade! A chance to spend a few minutes in the morning with this cute kid and take him to school when Michael is out of town!
Taking Jacob to school!

No comments: